Alejandro Perez will next face Yadong Song in a Bantamweight contest at UFC 239 in July.
The UFC announced the bout Tuesday.
Perez (21-7-1) most recently had a 7-fight unbeaten streak snappened by rising contender Cody Stamann back at UFC 235 in March. Prior to this, the Mexican native racked up four consecutive wins against such names as Eddie Wineland, Matthew Lopez and Iuri Alcantara. The TUF: Latin America veteran is 7-2-1 in the UFC and of his 21 career wins, 14 have come by way of submission or knockout.
Song (13-3) is currently 3-0 inside the Octagon with his most notable win being that of a TKO over Felipe Arantes in the summer of last year that earned the Chines-born fighter a Performance of the Night bonus. Song is currently riding a six-fight winning streak and of his 13 career wins, seven have come by way of knockout or submission.
UFC 239 takes place at the T-Mobile center in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 6 and will stream live via pay per view on ESPN+. The card thus far reads:
- Jon Jones vs. Thiago Santos – UFC Light Heavyweight title
- Amanda Nunes vs. Holly Holm – UFC Bantamweight title
- Francis Ngannou vs. Junior dos Santos
- Jan Błachowicz vs. Luke Rockhold
- Jorge Masvidal vs. Ben Askren
- Sean O’Malley vs. Marlon Vera
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Jack Marshman
- Diego Sanchez vs. Michael Chiesa