Two exciting Lightweights will meet in the Octagon the next time the UFC visits the City of Sin.
Announced Thursday morning by The MMA Bulletin, No. 11 ranked Beneil Dariush will take on California’s own Bobby “King” Green at UFC 222 on March 3.
Dariush (14-3-1, 8-3-1 in UFC) has gone 1-1-1 in his last three bouts, more notably going winless in his last two. After suffering a devastating KO loss to Edson Barboza in the Spring of 2017, he came up somewhat short in a draw against Evan Dunham at UFC 216. Of Dariush’s nine victories inside the Octagon, four have come by way of submission and one by knockout.
The always exciting Bobby Green (24-8-1, 5-3-1 in UFC) has also gone 1-1-1 in his last three bouts. However, Green will be coming into this bout with slightly more momentum as he most recently garnered a unanimous decision victory against Erik Koch not so long ago at UFC on Fox 27 in North Carolina. Green drew with Lando Vannata prior to that fight in a hotly contested bout that earned both fighters Fight of the Night.
UFC 222 will take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 3 and will stream live on pay per view. The card, as of press time, reads:
- Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar (UFC Featherweight championship)
- Stefan Struve vs. Andrei Arlovski
- C. B. Dollaway vs. Hector Lombard
- Ashley Yoder vs. Mackenzie Dern
- Cat Zingano vs. Ketlen Vieira
- Sean O’Malley vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Bryan Caraway vs. Cody Stamann
- Jordan Johnson vs. Adam Milstead